CHARGES FILED IN FA­TAL ROAD RAGE CASE

The Denver Post - - NEWS -

A driver sus­pected of fa­tally shoot­ing an­other driver in a south­west Den­ver road rage in­ci­dent last week has been for­mally charged with first-de­gree mur­der.

David Alberto Gar­cia, 28, al­legedly shot 28-year-old Miguel Baray af­ter a brief dis­pute at a stop sign at the in­ter­sec­tion of West Ken­tucky Av­enue and South Irv­ing Street, ac­cord­ing to the Den­ver dis­trict at­tor­ney’s of­fice.

Gar­cia, ac­cord­ing to an ar­rest af­fi­davit in the case, told in­ves­ti­ga­tors that he fired a sin­gle shot at Baray’s ve­hi­cle af­ter Baray had given Gar­cia the mid­dle fin­ger at a traf­fic stop.

The in­ci­dent hap­pened on Nov. 26, and Gar­cia was al­legedly driv­ing a stolen ve­hi­cle at the time.

Shots fired, man ar­rested in Com­merce City. A 32year-old

man has been ar­rested af­ter he al­legedly struck a woman and fired sev­eral gun­shots in front of a 3-year-old boy early Fri­day morn­ing at a Com­merce City home.

A 41-year-old woman was taken to a hos­pi­tal for treat­ment of in­juries un­re­lated to the shoot­ing. Nei­ther she nor the child were struck by bul­lets.

Philip Friesen of Com­merce City was ar­rested only two blocks from the home for in­ves­ti­ga­tion of do­mes­tic vi­o­lence, felony men­ac­ing, child abuse, reck­less en­dan­ger­ment, as­sault and drunken driv­ing, ac­cord­ing to a Com­merce City news re­lease.

A shots-fired emer­gency call was made at 1:30 a.m. from a home in the 10200 block of Tel­luride Court. As of­fi­cers ap­proached, they heard sev­eral gun­shots, the news re­lease says.

A sec­ond call in­di­cated that the hus­band was driv­ing away from the home.

The of­fi­cers spotted the sus­pect, pulled him over and ar­rested him, the news re­lease says.

Ice cream shop co-owner ar­rested in sex case

B boul­der» The Daily Cam­era re­ported that po­lice are ask­ing for the pub­lic’s help in lo­cat­ing other po­ten­tial vic­tims of a man they ac­cuse of com­mit­ting sex­ual as­saults in Boul­der over the past 15 years.

Scott Roy, 54, iden­ti­fied by po­lice as the co-owner of Boul­der Ice Cream, was ar­rested Thurs­day evening for in­ves­ti­ga­tion of un­law­ful sex­ual con­tact and ha­rass­ment.

A depart­ment news re­lease stated that the in­ves­ti­ga­tion into Roy be­gan in late 2015, when two of his al­leged vic­tims con­tacted them to re­port be­ing sex­u­ally as­saulted by their for­mer boss.

Both women had been hired to work on the pro­duc­tion line at Boul­der Ice Cream and at the Boul­der Farmer’s Mar­kets. They were Span­ish speak­ing and had a com­pro­mised work sta­tus, po­lice said.

Upon be­ing hired, the women used their real names but fake So­cial Se­cu­rity num­bers, po­lice said. They were not re­quired to fill out any govern­ment forms.

Late in 2015, the com­pany be­came aware of the on­go­ing abuse al­le­ga­tions and con­tacted one of the vic­tims. A short time later, two of the vic­tims were told they needed to ad­dress their work el­i­gi­bil­ity and sub­mit a com­pleted I-9 form with sup­port­ing doc­u­men­ta­tion within three days. Both were un­able to do so, and turned in res­ig­na­tion let­ters.

Boul­der Ice Cream has op­er­ated at sev­eral lo­ca­tions through­out Boul­der over the past 15 years.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.