Fire­fight­ers save dog from fire

The Denver Post - - NEWS -

LYONS» Two birds died, but fire­fight­ers were able to re­vive a dog that got caught in a house fire early Wed­nes­day.

The Daily Cam­era re­ported that Boul­der County deputies per­formed CPR on the fam­ily dog, Trixie, and were suc­cess­fully able to re­vive her.

Boul­der County crews re­sponded to a fire in the 200 block of Evans Street in Lyons at 4:05 a.m. and found the garage fully en­gulfed, ac­cord­ing to a re­lease. Crews were able to keep the fire mostly to the garage, but there was some dam­age to the house’s roof and struc­ture. The house is not cur­rently in­hab­it­able.

Three peo­ple who live at the house were able to get out­side un­in­jured. Two cats were able to es­cape the fire, but two birds died.

The cause of the fire is un­der in­ves­ti­ga­tion.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.