Top recruit transfers to Missouri
B columbia, mo.» Michael Porter Jr., rated as the nation’s top high school basketball prospect in his class by multiple recruiting services, said he plans to play for Missouri.
• Florida State freshman Jonathan Isaac said he’s entering the NBA draft, becoming the third Seminoles player since the season ended to leave early. He is projected to be a lottery pick.
• Iowa State gave basketball coach Steve Prohm a contract extension and a raise.
The Cyclones said Prohm’s deal now will run through 2022, with an annual salary increase from $1.5 million to $2 million.
• Middle Tennessee coach Kermit Davis agreed to a new contract that runs through the 2023-24 season.
School officials said the seven-year deal gives Davis a $575,000 base salary plus $175,000 each year for television and broadcast responsibilities.
• Oklahoma State promoted assistant basketball coach Mike Boynton to head coach less than a week after Brad Underwood left for Illinois.
• California promoted Wyking Jones to head basketball coach in place of the departed Cuonzo Martin.