1. The city of Istanbul, considered a meeting place of Eastern and Western cultures, is located in what country?
2. The game of chess is a popular pastime in the city of Beersheba, located in the Negev desert in which country?
3. A dance called the tango originated in the capital city of Buenos Aires in what country?
4. Bergen is a starting point for tours of the fjords along the western coast of which Scandinavian country?
5. Chinese make up the largest ethnic group on a small island country off the coast of Malaysia. Name this country.
6. People watch matadors perform at bullfights in Seville, a city in which country?
7. Amsterdam’s Van Gogh Museum, which contains many paintings by the famous artist, is in what country?
See answers below right