RACCOON ON POWER POLE SPARKS WILDFIRE
A raccoon started a wildfire that burned about 7 acres of private property southwest of Craig on Sunday.
Craig Fire Rescue, Memorial Regional Health Emergency Medical Services and Yampa Valley Electric Association responded.
The raccoon had climbed on a power pole transformer, causing it to spark and start the fire, said Moffat County Sheriff and fire chief KC Hume said.
Power was out for about 31 Yampa Valley Electric customers, member outreach specialist Tammi Strickland.
The raccoon did not survive, she said.