NOROVIRUS REPORT HITS CHIPOTLE IN VA.
●●● Chipotle Mexican Grill temporarily closed a store in Sterling, Va., Monday after eight reports of norovirus were linked to the restaurant. Thirteen people were sickened.
Chipotle, which operates more than 2,300 restaurants, said the store would be sanitized and likely reopen on Tuesday.
The closure was first reported by Business Insider.
Chipotle faced an infection crisis nearly two years ago, when E. Coli sickened more than 50 restaurant patrons in California, Washington, Minnesota and several other states, and more than 120 Boston College students were contracted norovirus.
The restaurant shutdown Monday caused Chipotle’s stock to drop as much as 7.6 percent, the largest decline in several months.
By the time the market closed, Chipotle’s stock value slightly bounced back, finishing at $374.98, down 5 percent. — Ethan Millman, The