1. Farsi, also known as Persian, is the official language of which country?
2. Acupuncture, an ancient medical treatment using needles to relieve pain and treat diseases, originated in which East Asian country that borders Mongolia?
3. Coffeehouses are a cultural tradition in the city of Vienna in what country?
4. Grasshoppers, known locally as chapulines, are a delicacy in the state of Oaxaca in which North American country?
5. Kabuki is a popular form of theater that includes elaborate costumes and makeup in which Asian island country?
6. An intricate kind of lace called nanduti combines Spanish and Guaraní traditions in what landlocked country that borders Bolivia and Argentina?
7. Gregorian chants, sacred music from the early centuries of the Roman Catholic Church, developed in what country that borders the Adriatic and Ligurian Seas? See answers below