Get out there and taste the best wine in Colorado
A dozen wines out of 325 dominate at the Governor’s Cup Competition
Thirsty locavores will appreciate this: The Governor’s Cup Wine Competition, a Colorado wine industry contest, has announced its winners for 2017. Even better, we can sip (or gulp, whatever) them all at the public tasting on Aug. 3.
Forty-six local wineries submitted 325 wines for judging, and 16 sommeliers, winemakers and writers chose the dozen best. The overall winner — “Best of Show” — will be announced at the Aug. 3 event.
Can’t wait? Stock up on the winners and host your own gulping ... er, tasting!
2017 Governor’s Cup Case:
• Bookcliff Vineyards (Boulder), 2016 Riesling
• Carlson Vineyards (Palisade), 2015 Tyrannosaurus
• Colorado Cellars (Palisade), Raspberry Wine
• Colorado Cider Company (Denver), GrasshopAh Cider
• Creekside Cellars (Evergreen), 2014 Cabernet Franc
• Guy Drew Vineyards (Cortez), 2015 Syrah
• Meadery of the Rockies (Palisade), Strawberry Honey
• The Infinite Monkey
ETheorem (Denver), 2013 The Bubble Universe Sparkling Albarino
• Two Rivers Winery (Grand Junction), 2015 Port
• Decadent Saint (Boulder), 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
• Whitewater Hill Vineyards (Grand Junction), 2016 Sweetheart Red
• Winery at Holy Cross Abbey (Cañon City), 2015 Reserve Merlot