NASHVILLE MAYOR’S SON OVERDOSES, DIES IN DENVER
The son of Nashville, Tenn., Mayor Megan Barry died of an overdose Saturday night in Denver, Barry said in an online statement.
“Early this morning, we received news that no parents should ever have to hear,” the statement from Barry and her husband, Bruce, said.
“Our son, Max, suffered from an overdose and passed away. We cannot begin to describe the pain and heartbreak that comes with losing our only child. Our son was a kind soul full of life and love for his family and friends.”
Max Barry, 22, graduated in June from the University of Puget Sound, in Tacoma, Wash.
Max Barry died at a private residence in southern Jefferson County. Other details haven’t been made public.
Denver police spokeswoman Raquel Lopez, said she couldn’t confirm the death without information about where it happened. Lopez declined to search the department’s records and logs for the police report of Barry’s death, saying that would violate the department’s policy of not identifying victims. Funeral arrangements are pending.