• Dundalk High School Athletic Booster Club Designer Bag Bingo from 6 to 11 p.m. on Saturday, Nov 10, at Dundalk High School, 1901 Delvale Ave. Featuring designer bags, including Coach, Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Betsy Johnson and more. Concessions will be available. Cost is $20 in advance or $25 at the door. There is NOT an ATM on school grounds. For tickets, contact Isabel at 443790-9189, Shelly at 443632-7666 or Donna at 443-838-2351.
• New York City trip sponsored by Dundalk High School Athletic Booster Club on Saturday, Dec. 15, from 7:45 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Ticket includes round trip transportation to New York City. Limited to 50 tickets. Reserve your seat by contacting Isabel Gandarilla at 443-7909189 or Vicki Machin at 410-459-5228. • Annual Respite and Resource Fair on Monday, Nov. 12, from 10 a.m. to noon at the school. Learn about local agencies and services for students with special needs and their families.
• Trashy Fashion Show at the school on Friday, Nov. 16. Students use recycled materials to create wearable fashions around the theme “decades.” For more, call the school at 443809-7517. • The application process for Baltimore County Public Schools magnet programs is underway. Applications for magnet programs must be postmarked by Friday, Nov. 16, 2018 (certified mailing recommended), or submitted online by 1 p.m. on that day. For more information, visit the BCPS Magnet Programs’ website at http://dci. bcps.org/department/ innovative_learning/ educational_options/ magnet_programs/ or call 443-809-4127.
• A Baltimore County Public Schools School Day Taskforce subcommittee is seeking public comment on recommendations to extend the school day by 15 minutes and to change secondary school schedules. The proposed changes to the secondary school schedules are:
• To implement a 4 period AB schedule for high schools
• To offer a limited number of semesterized classes in high schools.
• To implement a 5 period AB schedule for middle schools. • Detailed descriptions of the recommendations and their rationales/ backgrounds can be found online in the full recommendations report. The subcommittee is preparing these recommendations for submission to the superintendent. Public comment meetings on these recommendations will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2018, at 6 p.m. at New Town High School cafeteria, 4931 New Town Blvd., 21117, and Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018, at 6 p.m. at Patapsco High School & Center for the Arts, 8100 Wise Ave., 21222 Community members interested in making comments