Here are the most common methods for straightening walls:
1. Attach a long 2-by brace to a stud near the top of the wall.
2. Nail two anchor blocks to the floor framing at the end of the brace. Add two more lever blocks a couple of feet in from the anchor blocks.
3. Fasten the lever board to the brace with a few closely spaced nails.
4. Have someone sight the wall top plates for straightness while you lever the wall until it’s straight.
5. Hold it in position and nail the end of the brace to the anchor blocks.
Anchor blocks Lever board NailLever block Brace