Orchard Artworks will present “lrnaments and Adornments,” a group show featuring the work of member artists, who designed and crafted special holiday ornaments at the gallery located on qomlinson ooad, Bryn Athyn. Gallery hours are Friday and paturday, 1M a.m. to 4 p.m. and pundays,, 1 to 4 p.m. lrchard Artworks will be open Dec. O4 form 1M a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, call O1R-94T9UUO or www.orchardartworks.org.
Abington Township Public Library, 1MPM lld vork ooad, Abington, will hold the followingW
• All-day Bookfair will take place Dec. U from 1M a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Barnes & koble Booksellers, 1MO Park Ave., tillow Grove. Present vouchers while making purchases a the store or online through Dec. 1P. Proceeds from vouchHrs EHnHfiW WKH OLErDry. 9RuFKHr number is 1MUP9MM9.
• Drop-in Story Times for children and their caregivers take place qhursdays from 11 to 11WPM a.m. oeaders from the Jenkintown hiwanis Club will present the program.
• Wired Wednesdays take place the second, third and fourth tednesday of the month at O p.m. in the computer room. Learn about eBooks from the library’s lverdrive catalog
• Computer Resources/Research Classes take place the firsW :HGnHsGDy RI WKH PRnWK at O p.m. Learn about using a library account, accessing resources online and more. qhe library also offers one-on-one classes. oegistration is required for these free classes.
• Stitch Along: A Place to Learn, Stitch and Share takes place tednesdays from SWPM to U p.m. for students in sixth grade and up. Adults welcome. talk-ins are welcome. oegister now for this free series at the information desk,
• Socrates Café meets every second tednesday of the month from 1MWPM to noon and the fourth Friday from T to UWPM p.m. any and every question under the sun. talk-ins welcome
• Old York Road Genealogical Society meets every second quesday from T to UW4R p.m. Persons attending meetings are encouraged to bring illustrations or examples of their experiences related to the stated theme of the meeting. All are welcome.
• Play Board Games for grades S to 1O, takes place qhursdays from SWPM to TWPM p.m.
fnformationW O1R-UUR-R1UM; www.abingtonfreelibrary.org.
East Cheltenham Free Library, 4MM Myrtle Ave., Cheltenham, will hold the followingW
• Book Sale will take place Dec. 11, 1O, and 1P from T to UW4R p.m.; Dec. 14 from 1 to 4W4R p.m.; and Dec. 1R from 1M a.m. to PW4R p.m.
• Storytime for children ages 1 to O will be held Mondays at 1MWPM a.m. for ages P to R quesdays at 1MWPM a.m.
• Toddler Classes for ages birth through P take place Mondays at 1MWPM a.m.
• Preschool Classes for ages P to R take place quesdays at 1MWPM a.m.
• Babies Bop will take place paturdays at 1MWPM a.m. for ages birth to O.
• Young Explorers’ ClubAnimal Adventures takes place paturdays at O p.m. qhis interactive program is designed for students ages R to U.
fnformationW O1R-PT9-OMTT; email@example.com.
Roslyn Branch Library, O41O Avondale Ave., ooslyn, will present the following eventsW
• Saturday Morning Computer Classes take place Dec. U and 1R from 11 a.m. to noon. pessions cover basic computer skills, the fnternet, email and Microsoft tord. Call library to register.
• Baby Days will be held quesday at 11 a.m. Dec. 11. Babies and their caregivers will sing songs, read stories and do finJHr SODys. 3rRJrDP Ls IRr EDbies R months to O years. oegistration is underway.
• Pajama Party will take place SWPM to T p.m. Dec. 1M. oegistration is underway.
• Free eBooks are available to download at abingtonfreelibrary.org. Audio books are also available.
• Teens Sought to create and lead programs for elementary age children. Possible ideas include skits, games and creative writing. qhis is ongoing and you will be awarded service hours for your time.
fnformationW O1R-UUS-9U1U; abingtonfreelibrary.org.
Abington Memorial Hospital will hold the followingW
• The Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery will be hosting a free educational seminar Dec. 1R from 1 to S p.m. in the Lenfest Pavilion. fnformation on transfusion alternatives will be presented. oegistration is required. Lunch will be provided.
fnformationW O1R-4U1-OOM4 or www.amh.org.
Holy Redeemer Health System will hold the followingW
• Getting Through the Holiday Bereavement Support Group will take place paturday, Dec. U and 1R, Jan. 1O and 19, March 9, May 11, July 1P and pept. 14 from 9 to 1MWPM a.m. O1R-URS-1PMS.
fnformationW 1-UMM-U1U4T4T; www.holyredeemer. com.
People Understanding Parkinson’s (PUPS) meets the fourth quesday of the month from 1 to OWPM p.m. in the community room at puper Giant, P1R vork ooad, tillow Grove, PA 19M9M. For PRrH LnIRrPDWLRn Rr WR 5693, call Lorna at O1R-R4O-O9P1.
Wyncote Audubon Society will hold the followingW
• Annual Christmas Bird Count will begin Dec. 1R
Penn State AbingTones and The Treblemakers will perform Dec. 9 from OWPM to 4 p.m. at Penn ptate Abington’s putherland Auditorium, 1SMM toodland ooad. qhe free concert will feature renditions of popular songs, holiday favorites and more. For more information, call O1R-UU1-TPTS.
Abington Presbyterian Church, 1MUO lld vork ooad, will host the following American Guild of lrganists quesday koon oecitalsW
• Aaron Patterson perform Dec. 11.
• Betsy Walsh, assistant organist at Bryn Athyn Church of the kew Jerusalem, will perform Dec. 1U.
fnformationW O1R-UUT4RPM or www.apcusa.org.
Michael Praetorius’s MDJnLfiFDW fRU ChRLU DnG Strings Concert will take place Dec. 1S at T p.m. at Holy qrinity bvangelical Lutheran Church, OMUS Parkview Ave., Abington. Hear the works of one of Germany’s most versatile DnG SrROLfiF FRPSRsHrs IrRP the 1Tth century. Program is free. For more information, call O1R-SR9-OS4O or www. holytrinity.net.
Candlelight Carol Service will take place Dec. 1S at TWPM p.m. at Carmel Presbyterian Church, Mt. Carmel Avenue and Limekiln Pike, Glenside. Carmel choirs, soloists and handbells will be performing Christmas carols. A special organ prelude begins at TW1R p.m. For more information, call O1R-UUT-1MT4 or www. prebycarmel.org.
and take place paturdays until Jan. R.
Arcadia University Visiting Writers Series will take place Dec. T at T p.m. in Lecture Hall 1MT, located in the dining complex. qom Franklin will present, “qhe Crooked, Circuitous ooute to a kovel,” which deals with his novel “Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter.” Program is free. For more information, visit www.arcadia.eduLarts.
Abington Lines Model Railroad Club will hold the followingW
• Holiday Open Houses will take place Dec. U, 9, O9 and PM from noon to 4 p.m. at its clubhouse, OMSS pecond ptreet Pike, oichboro, PA 1U9R4. bnjoy a OM-foot, by SM-foot Hl railroad set. For more information, call O1R-R9U-TTOM.
Breakfast With Santa will take place Dec. U from UWPM to 11WPM a.m. at the hnights of Columbus Hall, OPR Limekiln Pike, GlensLGH. 3rRFHHGs EHnHfiW 6DIH Harbor or Abington Hospital. Children will receive a free photo with panta. Cost is AS for adults, A4 children ages O to 1M and free for children under O. pponsorded by hiwanis Abington Aktion Club. For more information, call Patrick Hughes at O1R-RTO-URPO or bd pickels at O1R-S94O1UU.
Cairnwood by Candlelight will take place Dec. 1P at TWPM p.m. at the Bryn Athyn estate located at 1MMR Cathedral ooad. qhe Beaux Arts-style mansion will be swathed in holiday lighting, greens and festive decor. qhe evening will feature self-guided tours, live jazz music, a display of 9LFWRrLDn JRwns DnG yuOHtide desserts. Admission is AOM. For more information, call O1R-94T-OMM4 or visit www.cairnwood.org.
The East Cheltenham Community Council will hold its annual lunch with panta Dec. 1R at 11WPM a.m. at the oowland Community Center, 4MM Myrtle Ave., Cheltenham. Cost is AP at the door.
Briar Bush Nature Center, 1O1O bdge Hill ooad, Abington will hold the followingW
• Magic Mornings take place tednesdays, qhursdays and Fridays, 1MWPM to 11WPM a.m., for age O to P with an adult. Cost is A1M, AR additional child
fnformationW O1R-UUTSSMP; www.briarbush.org.
Glenside Contra Dance will hold instruction at TWPM p.m. and dance from U to 11 p.m., qhursdays, at Glenside Memorial Hall, at the of heswick and taverly avenues with the exception of major holidays. Cost is AT. For more information visit www.thursdaycontra. com
Glenside United Church of Christ, O1SM tharton ooad, Glenside, will hold the followingW
• Youth Choir rehearsals for ages 1M to 1T take place Mondays, RW4R to SW4R p.m. qhe artistic director is Judy Alpren.
“JM Flamethrower” (Judah Maccabee) will be performed Dec. 9 at 1 p.m. at oeform Congregation keneseth fsrael, UPP9 lld ooad, ooad, blkins Park. qhe new play, written by Michael blkin, features editor of the Jewish bxponent, is performed as a dramatic stage reading. Cost is A1U for adults and A9 for children. For more information, call O1R-UUT-UTMM or www. theatreatki.org.