• Upcountry Farmers Market, 7-11 a.m., Kulamalu Town Center, Pukalani. For information, email info@upcountry farmersmarket.com; see www.upcountryfarmers market.com.
• Honolua Bay Stewardship, 8 a.m., at the port-a-potties by Honolua Stream bridge. Contact 283-2470 or email@example.com.
• Community work day, 8-10 a.m. restore Ko‘ie‘ie Fishpond, North Kihei. To sign up, email koieie@ mauifishpond.com; for more information, visit www.mauifishpond.com.
• Habitat for Humanity Maui, e-cycling TVs and computers, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., 901 Lower Main St., Wailuku. Call 280-6460 or ReStore, 986-8050.
• Archaeology and Native-Plant Outing, cultivating in Honokowai Valley; 9:15 a.m., near Honoapiilani HighwayPuukolii Road intersection, Lahaina. Call 572-8085.
• Sharing Aloha, backyard composting and vermicomposting workshop; 9:30-11 a.m., MOA Center, 164 Kamehameha Ave., Kahului. Call Wilma Nakamura, 573-3911; see joyofworms.com.
• Adult Children of Alcoholics Al-Anon, 9:30-11 a.m., Good Shepherd Church, St. Lukes room, Wailuku. Call 242-0296.
• Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation, dog adoptions; 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Whole Foods Market, Kahului. Call Dawn Hall, 876-0022; visit www. hawaiianimalrescue.org.
• Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, docent-led group tour; 10 a.m., 150 Kanaloa Ave., Kahului. By reservation, call 249-2798.
• Leilani Farm Sanctuary, farm tour in Haiku; 10 a.m. Contact 298-8544 or info@ leilanifarmsanctuary.org.
• Sexaholics Anonymous, 12-step recovery/fellowship program for people to overcome lust, 10-11 a.m., St. Theresa Church, Raphael Room, Kihei; free. See www.sa.org.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, Happy, Joyous and Freethinkers; 10 a.m., 131 S. Kihei Road by the Maui Bridge Club. All welcome. Call 874-0214.
• Kahului Public Library, keiki story time for toddlers, preschoolers and their caregivers, 10:30 a.m. Call 873-3097.
• Dual Diagnosis Anonymous, for anyone dealing with mental health and substance-abuse issues; 11 a.m.-noon, Maui Memorial Medical Center Auditorium. Call 298-4928 or 875-1564.
• Maui Humane Society, Super Senior Saturday; 11 a.m.-6 p.m., 1350 Mehameha Loop, Puunene. Name your adoption fee on any senior pet over 7 years old. For information, visit mauihumane society.org; call 877-3680.
• Dual Recovery Anonymous, support group for those recovering from chemical dependency and emotional or mental disorders; noon, Ka Hale A Ke Ola Homeless Resource Center. Call 242-9241.
• Maui Bridge Club, duplicate bridge; 1-4:30 p.m., 131 S. Kihei Road. For information, call 875-1317.
• Lovevolution Foundation, farm-to-table meal; 1-4 p.m., Ahimsa Sanctuary, 4505 Hana Highway, Haiku. To donate time, money or resources, contact 446-1344; visit www.Lovevolution.net.
• Codependents Anonymous Upcountry meeting, 3-4 p.m., Hannibal Tavares Community Center back parking lot, behind the community center. Bring a beach chair. Call 250-8947. • Narcotics Anonymous Maui, a 12-step, NPO program. Have a drug problem? Or looking for an NA meeting? Call our Helpline, 214-1239 for information about meeting schedules or to talk to someone about your problem and how we can help.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, Club 449 gay/lesbian group, 7:30 a.m., Kalama Park bandstand, 1900 block of South Kihei Road; Happy, Joyous and Freethinkers, 10 a.m., 131 S. Kihei
Road by the Maui Bridge Club; call 874-0214; Seniors in Sobriety, 3:30 p.m., Kalama Heights, downstairs, 101 Kanani Road; Maui Sunset group, 5-6 p.m., toward shoreline, behind Maui Sunset,
1032 S. Kihei Road. AA meetings scheduled at 70 Central Ave., Ste. 1, Wailuku. Call 244-9673; see www.aamaui.org.
• Pacific Whale Foundation, Trail of the Whale, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. daily, Honoapiilani Highway scenic lookout; 7:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, oceanfront path fronting the Wailea Beach Resort Marriott Maui; 7:3011:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays, oceanfront path fronting Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club in Kaanapali; 8-11:30 a.m. daily (except Mondays and Wednesdays), Ulua Beach in Wailea. Call 249-8811, ext. 1; visit www.pacificwhale.org.
• Codependents Anonymous Women’s meeting, 5-6 p.m., Waipuilani Park, 2662 Waiwai Place, #201, Kihei. For more info, call 250-8947.
• Al-Anon Family Group, Beginners meeting; 6 p.m. Celebrating Serenity; 6:30 p.m., 810 Kokomo Road, Aloha Aina Center, #240, Haiku. Call 242-0296. • South Maui Volunteers; Hoaloha ‘Aina, 7:30-9:30 a.m. Dune restoration, trail maintenance. Check South MauiVolunteers.com for weekly location and directions.
• Maui AIDS Foundation, HIV testing, counseling; 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., 1935 Main St., Wailuku. Free, confidential; 242-4900. • La‘a Kea Foundation, organic local produce sold at a farm stand; 9 a.m.5 p.m., 639 Baldwin Ave., Paia. Contact 281-3463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tai Chi class,
9-10 a.m., Kula Hospital. Free. For more information, call 280-6437.
• UH-MC Campus Health Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Mon. & Fri.; 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Tues., Wed., Thurs., 310 W. Kaahumanu Ave., Kahului. Free or low-cost confidential sexual and reproductive health care. School and sports physicals ($75). For appointments, call 984-3493.
• AARP Kula Chapter, monthly meeting; 9:30 a.m., Kula Community Center. For more information, call Diane Logsdon, 878-3448.
• Maui Bridge Club, duplicate bridge; 10 a.m.2 p.m., 131 S. Kihei Road. For information, call 875-1317.
• Caregiver Support Group – Hana, free, 10 a.m., Hale Hulu Mamo (Hana Senior Center). For information, call Kathleen Couch, program coordinator, 871-5804.
• Rotary Club of Kahului, noon-1 p.m., Tante’s
Island Cuisine, 100 E. Kaahumanu Ave., Kahului. Call President David Hoffman, 244-1909.
• Lunchtime Tai Chi, noon-12:45 p.m., State Building courtyard by flagpole, 54 High St., Wailuku; free. Call 984-8200.
• Al-Anon Family Groups, four groups meet: Maluhia Ohana, noon, Church of Nazarene, Pukalani; Paths to Recovery, 5:30 p.m., Grace Episcopal Church, Hoolehua, Molokai; Upcountry, 6 p.m., Lumeria (Wellness Center), 1813 Baldwin Ave., Makawao.; Lahaina Baptist Church, 7:30 p.m. Call 242-0296.
• Lahaina Arts Association, free art class for ages 5-18,
3-5 p.m., Lahaina Surf, 1028 Wainee St. Contact 661-0111 or info@ lahaina-arts.com.
• Parents and Children Together, women’s anger management group meets; 4:30-6:30 p.m., Wailuku. PACT also offers women’s support group; 8 a.m.-4 p.m. For intake/ orientation, call 243-7001.
• Pacific Cancer Foundation, sponsors Linda Tesar-Amimoto’s support group for cancer patients and survivors; 5:30-6:45 p.m., Cameron Center, Wailuku. Contact 269-3948 or support email@example.com.
• Coming Together and Healing, closed support group for survivors of recent or past sexual assault/abuse; 6-7:30 p.m., Child and Family Services in Happy Valley. Contact Cathy Hembd, 357-8253 or chembd@ cfs-hawaii.org.
• Hui Kane (men’s group), 6-8 p.m., Maui Family Support Services, 1844 Wili Pa Loop, Wailuku. Call 242-0900; visit www.mfss.org.
• Adult Children of Alcoholism and Dysfunction, 6:30 p.m., 2662 Waiwai Place, #201, Kihei. For information, visit adultchildren.org.
• Maui Mixers/High Hopes clubs, traditional American folk dancing, 6:30 p.m., Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Pukalani. Call 572-0671.
• Overeaters Anonymous, 12-step recovery program for compulsive overeaters, anorexics, bulimics; 6:307:30 p.m., Keolahou Church Social Hall, 177 S. Kihei Road, Kihei. Call 264-7286; see www.oa.org.
• Na Wahine Ho‘omana (the empowered woman), Women Will support group; 7-8:30 p.m., Kihei Charter Middle School, 41 E. Lipoa St., Kihei. Nonprofit 501c women’s center. Call 280-3118.
• A Course in Miracles, with Charles Nahale; 7 p.m., Unity Church of Maui, 483 S. High St., Wailuku. For information, visit unityonmaui.org.
• Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, 7 p.m., St. Theresa Church, courtyard, Kihei. For information, call 463-2725. • Habitat for Humanity Maui ReStore, warehouse retail work, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., 970 Lower Main St., Wailuku. To register, contact 986-8050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Friends of Haleakala National Park seeks volunteers for monthly overnight service trips to preserve, protect Haleakala Crater wilderness habitat, endangered species. Participants stay free in cabins, carpool from Pukalani Terrace Center. For more information and to register, visit www.fhnp.org.
• Alexander & Baldwin Sugar Museum wants a teaspoon of help for its gift shop, museum maintenance, archives, curatorial activities. Contact Holly Buland, 871-8058 or email@example.com; see sugarmuseum.com.
• Maui Friends of the Library, volunteer at the used bookstores, sort and shelve books, assist patrons and ring up sales. More info at www.mfol. org/maui-bookstorelocations or email mauifriendsofthelibrary@ hotmail.com.