Arizona resident Victor Pratt boasts that he’s played with snakes his whole life. So when a rattlesnake slithered by during a family party at a nearby lake, Pratt grabbed it and showed the kids “howto catch it and I was playing with it like little kids do. I wasn’t thinking. I was showing off,” he admitted. The rattler bit Pratt on his face and neck. His sons drove himto a emergency room, and he was later airlifted to a medical center in Phoenix, where Dr. Steven Curry treated him. “There is a 100percent chance he would have died if he’d not made it to the hospital within minutes,” Curry noted. Pratt told reporters he would not play with rattlesnakes again. Send your weird news items with subject line WEIRD NEWS to WeirdNewsTips@amuniversal.com.