Ex­plo­sion caused by propane tank dis­posal

The News Herald (Willoughby, OH) - - Front Page - By An­drew Cass acass@news-her­ald.com @An­drewCassNH on Twit­ter

No one was in­jured af­ter an ex­plo­sion with a re­sult­ing fire at Painesville Re­cy­cling on Aug. 29.

No one was in­jured af­ter an ex­plo­sion with a re­sult­ing fire at Painesville Re­cy­cling on Aug. 29.

Painesville Fire Chief Mark Mlachak said his de­part­ment re­ceived the ini­tial call at 12:59 p.m. The fire was out and un­der con­trol at the 83 Stage Ave. site in about 15 min­utes, he said.

An in­ves­ti­ga­tion de­ter­mined that the ex­plo­sion and re­sult­ing fire were caused by an im­prop­erly dis­posed propane tank in a junked car.

Mlachak said the only dam­age was to scrapped metal and a shat­tered win­dow to a track hoe.

Con­cord Town­ship, Painesville Town­ship, Fair­port Har­bor and Grand River fire de­part­ments also re­sponded to the scene but were dis­missed shortly af­ter ar­rival.

PAINESVILLE FIRE DE­PART­MENT

Fire­fight­ers re­spond to the scene of an ex­plo­sion at Painesville Re­cy­cling on Aug. 29.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.