Vote in The Oklahoman’s city-area high school football Player of the Week Fan Poll
Scoring four touchdowns wasn’t a requirement to be considered a top player of the week, but several guys filled the quota anyway.
The Oklahoman’s Fans’ Choice Player of the Week poll for the top performances by OKC-area players in Week 3 shows off some big-time performances from a few familiar faces and some new guys this week.
The poll is live, and fans can vote once before it closes at 4 p.m. Tuesday. Results of the poll will appear in Wednesday’s edition of The Oklahoman.
Here are the candidates for the city-area Fans’ Choice Player of the Week:
• Mason Arnold, RB, OCS: Talented running back had 20 carries for 211 yards and three touchdowns as Oklahoma Christian School upset Class 2A No. 7 Christian Heritage Academy 48-12.
• Seth Brown, WR, Cashion: Hauled in 16 catches for 329 yards and four touchdowns to give Cashion a 48-30 victory against Prague.
• Preston Colbert, QB, Midwest City: Against rival Del City, Colbert threw for 255 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for two more as the Bombers cruised to a 41-6 win.
• Payton Harrell, RB, Bethany: Last week’s poll winner rushed for 255 and two TDs as Bethany pushed past Kingfisher 30-13.
• Daniel Hishaw Jr., QB/DB, Moore: Not only did the sophomore run for 254 yards and score five total touchdowns, but Hishaw Jr. also recorded two interceptions including the game-sealing pick to give Moore a 35-27 victory against Norman.
• Dominic Richardson, RB, Bishop McGuinness:
The sophomore continues to dominate. He carried it 23 times for 345 yards and four touchdowns as the Fighting Irish smashed Enid 60-34. • Dadrion Taylor, RB, Carl Albert: Led the way for Carl Albert with 300 yards rushing and three touchdowns as the No. 1 Titans defeated No. 3 Ardmore 28-12.
• Keaire Wilkins, WR, Putnam City: He’s not very tall, but he’s fast. Wilkins caught eight passes for
247 yards and a school-record four touchdowns in an upset victory against three-time defending champion Bixby.