Caring Vans offer school vaccines
The Oklahoma Caring
Vans are offering all vaccinations required for school enrollment.
The shots are free for children who are uninsured, eligible for Medicaid, or American Indian. Parents must provide immunization records and fill out paperwork. Upcoming locations are:
• Putnam City District enrollment office, 5401 NW 40, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday.
• WCD WIC office, 1623 E. Highway 66, El Reno, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday.
• Latino Community Development Agency, 420 SW 10, 8:30 a.m. to noon Thursday.
• Citizen Potawatomi Nation WIC, 2305 N Meridian, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday.
• Stand Watie Elementary, 3517 S Linn, 5 to 7 p.m. April 24.
• Northwest Classen High School, 2801 NW 17, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 26.
Oklahoma requires children to get vaccinations against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, chickenpox and Hemophilus influenzae type b, which can cause pneumonia or meningitis. Some vaccines protect against multiple diseases.
For the list of when children are required to get certain shots, visit www. ok.gov/health/Disease,_ Prevention,_Preparedness/ Immunizations/Vaccines_ for_School/index.html.