White Cheddar Mac ’n’ Cheese
• 12 ounces elbow macaroni
• 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to do:
• 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
• salt and ground black pepper
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
2. In a large saucepan, whisk together milk, dry mustard and nutmeg. Set pan over medium
heat and, when tiny bubbles appear around edges of pan, gradually stir in cheese.
3. Simmer until cheese melts and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
4. Fold in cooked macaroni. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serves 4.