Ac­cess your ac­count on the go with So­cial Se­cu­rity web­site

The Palm Beach Post - Neighborhood Post - Western Palm Beach County - - Front Page - Maria Diaz So­cial Se­cu­rity Maria Diaz is a pub­lic af­fairs spe­cial­ist for the So­cial Se­cu­rity Ad­min­is­tra­tion. If you have So­cial Se­cu­rity ques­tions, call 800-772-1213.

Smart­phones have been in our lives for more than a decade and have changed the way we in­ter­act with each other. So­cial Se­cu­rity is at the fore­front of tech­no­log­i­cal ad­vance­ments, mak­ing your on­line busi- ness with us eas­ier and more se­cure.

About a third of the vis­i­tors to So­cialSe­cu­ use their smart­phones to learn about our pro­grams, find an­swers to their ques­tions and ac­cess our on­line ser­vices. Now you can ac­cess your per­sonal “my So­cial Se­cu­rity” ac­count on the go or from the com­fort of your home. By vis­it­ing /­cialse­cu­rity. gov/my­ac­count, you can:

Re­quest a re­place­ment So­cial Se­cu­rity card, if you meet cer­tain re­quire­ments;

Check the sta­tus of your ap­pli­ca­tion or ap­peal.

Get your So­cial Se­cu­rity State­ment to re­view es­ti­mates of your fu­ture re­tire­ment, dis­abil­ity, and sur­vivors ben­e­fits;

Check your earn­ings ev­ery year to ver­ify the amounts that we recorded are cor­rect; and

See the es­ti­mated So­cial Se­cu­rity and Medi­care taxes you’ve paid.

There are even more things you can do with “my So­cial Se­cu­rity” if you’re re­ceiv­ing ben­e­fits. You can get a let­ter that ver­i­fies your ben­e­fit amount, check your ben- efit and pay­ment in­for­ma­tion and your earn­ings record, and change your ad­dress and phone num­ber. You also can re­quest a re­place­ment Medi­care card, con­firm changes to your di­rect de­posit in­for­ma­tion, and even get a re­place­ment SSA-1099 for tax sea­son.

We’re con­tin­u­ing to im­prove my So­cial Se­cu­rity all the time and make more ser­vices avail­able on­line. Res­i­dents of the District Columbia and more than 20 states can now re­quest a re­place­ment So­cial Se­cu­rity card on­line us­ing “my So­cial Se­cu­rity.” It’s an easy, con­ve­nient, and se­cure way to re­quest a re­place­ment card on­line.

To re­quest a re­place­ment card on­line, you must:

Have or cre­ate a “my So­cial Se­cu­rity” ac­count;

Have a valid driver’s li­cense in a par­tic­i­pat­ing state or the District of Columbia (or a state-is­sued iden­ti­fi­ca­tion card in some states);

Be age 18 or older and a United States cit­i­zen with a do­mes­tic U.S. mail­ing ad­dress (this in­cludes APO, FPO and DPO ad­dresses); and

Not be re­quest­ing a name change or any other changes to your card.

Se­cur­ing to­day and to­mor­row can start now. Putting you in con­trol of your fu­ture is a pri­or­ity for us. Visit­cialse­cu­­ac­count to­day to learn more and to sign up for your own ac­count.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.