Vote Kephart for Hopewell sheriff
As life-long citizens of Hopewell, we are devoted to our hometown. There are many things in our community and beyond that require change. In our opinion, the Hopewell Sheriff’s Office is not one of them. We are sitting on a gem with a well-run, organized, community-oriented staff at the Hopewell Sheriff’s office. With Sheriff Sodat’s upcoming retirement, Candidate Kephart is uniquely qualified to train the incoming chief deputy and take on the office of Sheriff. It makes perfect sense that our current chief deputy become the next sheriff of Hopewell, VA.
Candidate Steve Kephart has served Hopewell for 20 years, 12 years being second in command. Candidate Steve Kephart desires to continue to serve. We cannot imagine voting for any other candidate when the best choice is already in place. Candidate Steve Kephart: • Brings proven dedication and experience • Provides continuity of service • Manages the $1.5 Million budget without flaw
• Promotes the appropriate and needed community services in Hopewell. To name a few:
1. TRIAD – Crime prevention for senior citizens (Kephart personally partnered with the Hopewell Police Department to bring this program to Hopewell)
2. Project Lifesaver – Protects “at risk” individuals who are prone to wandering (Kephart brought this national program to Hopewell)
3. Veteran employment opportunities through Virginia Values Veterans - (Kephart is currently working to get this in place)
We want a sheriff who has already successfully demonstrated his ability and devotion to this community. A sheriff who comes ready and in place. A sheriff who doesn’t tire, but desires to continue to serve. We don’t want a sheriff who: • Is unemployed because he was terminated from his law enforcement position.
• Condemns and criticizes the Hopewell sheriff and his staff, in obvious error. • Camouflages the truth. • Has zero experience working in the Sheriff’s Office.
• Does not speak to the actual job requirements for the position.
Because it seems to be a debated topic: FACT - All candidates have lived in and out of Hopewell at their choice.
Take the time to learn what all candidates bring to the table, and vote on November 7, 2017.
When you cast your vote, don’t remove a proven leader. Reward experience and excellent performance. Give Hopewell the opportunity to remain in good hands. Vote Kephart. Bill and Kelly Tiller Hopewell, VA