Civil Rights com­pli­ant process

The Progress-Index Weekend - - LOCAL -

Any per­son, class or group of per­sons may file a dis­crim­i­na­tion com­plaint with USDA if they be­lieve a FSA ad­min­is­tered pro­gram or func­tion di­rectly or in­di­rectly re­sults in treat­ment or ser­vices be­ing pro­vided dif­fer­ently, be­cause of a per­son’s age, color, dis­abil­ity, mar­i­tal or fam­ily sta­tus, na­tional ori­gin, race, re­li­gion, sex, or sex­ual ori­en­ta­tion, po­lit­i­cal be­liefs, reprisal or pub­lic as­sis­tance sta­tus.

Any per­son al­leg­ing dis­crim­i­na­tion has the right to file a com­plaint within 180 days of the al­leged dis­crim­i­na­tory ac­tion.

Com­plaints may be filed in writ­ing or orally with the agency head, any des­ig­nated agency of­fi­cial, or the Sec­re­tary of Agri­cul­ture.

As­sis­tance in fil­ing a com­plaint can be ob­tained by call­ing your lo­cal FSA Of­fice.

This in­for­ma­tion was pro­vided by the Din­wid­die County FSA Of­fice, 13951 Boy­d­ton Plank Road 804469-3311, ext. 2.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.