Candidate meet and greet scheduled
PETERSBURG — The Harding Street Area Neighborhood Association will host a political meet and greet on Thursday, Oct. 18 featuring candidates running for Petersburg City Council wards 1,3,5, and 7, United States Senate and United States House of Representatives for the 4th Congressional District. The public is invited.
Candidates who are scheduled to appear are as follows:
• Treska Wilson-Smith, incumbent, city council Ward 1
• Rev. George Friday, challenger, city council Ward 3
• Beverley Coleman, challenger, city council Ward 5
• Natan McKenzie, challenger, city council Ward 5
• John Hart, incumbent, city council Ward 7
• Peter J. “Pete” Wells, Libertarian candidate for the United States House of Representatives, 4th Congressional District
The purpose of this event is to give voters a chance to meet those who are running for office and to talk with the candidates about their platforms, as well as discuss what the voters want in their leaders.
The event will take place at the Tabernacle Baptist Church Family Life Center, 444 Halifax St. in Petersburg at 6 p.m.
Light refreshments will be provided.
For more information about the Meet and Greet, contact Harding Street Area Neighborhood Association at 804-892-6295/ 804-414-5623.