Hydrant flushing slated
TROY, N.Y. >> City officials have announced its annual hydrant flushing program will be conducted beginning Monday, October 15, through Friday, October 19.
Officials noted that customers may experience temporary discoloration in their water and possible reduced water pressure during flushing operations. They are also advised to avoid washing clothes when flushing is taking place in their area. Water main and hydrant flushing will be completed during the regular working hours with the exception of the business district.
Officials said that these dates may be subject to change as necessary.
The 2018 hydrant flushing schedule is as follows:
• Monday, October 15- 7:00 a.m. – 3:30p.m.- Pleasantdale to 101st Street
• Tuesday, October 16- 7:00 a.m. – 3:30p.m.- 101st St. to Federal St. from Hudson River to 10th St., Eddy’s Lane to Hialeah Drive & Gurley Ave.
• Tuesday, October 16- 8:00 p.m. – 10:00p.m. -Federal St. to Ferry St. from Hudson River to 8th Street
• Wednesday, October 17-7:00 a.m. – 3:30p.m. -Ferry St. to Water St., Frear Park to Beman Park to Peoples Ave.
• Thursday, October 18-7:00 a.m. – 3:30p.m. -Peoples Ave. to the Poestenkill Creek, East side of Poestenkill Creek to Maple Ave., West side of Pawling Ave., Mill St., Crestwood & Stow Avenues
• Friday, October 19-7:00 a.m. – 3:30p.m. -Sycaway to Poestenkill Creek, East side from Pinewoods & Pawling Avenues on East side of Pawling Ave, Albia, Winter St. East to City Line
For additional information, contact the Department of Public Utilities at 518- 2370241.