Maea sponsors variety of sessions
POTTSVILLE — The locally based Northeast Pennsylvania Manufacturers and Employers Association offers a variety of discussions, training sessions and classes. MAEA is based at One Norwegian Plaza, Pottsville.
For more information or to register, email crobbins@ nepamaea. com or call 570622- 0992. More information also is available at the MAEA website at www. nepamaea. com.
• The MAEA Wine & Food Pairing, with each of five courses accompanied by a “flavor intense wine,” will be held from 5 to 7 p. m. Tuesday at Wegmans Food Markets Inc., 820 Keystone Blvd., High Ridge Business Park. For more information or to register or sponsor the event, email Joan Trosterud at jtrosterud@ nepamaea. com or call the MAEA office at 570- 622- 0992 with the company name and names of attendees. The cost is $ 50 per attendee.
• MAEA’S Wellness Summit is set for 10 a. m. to 4 p. m. Nov. 2 at Top of the 80s restaurant near Hazleton. For more information, email
Maggie Burkhardt at mburkhardt@ nepamaea. com or call 570- 622- 0992.
• MAEA now offers Concierge Benefit Services ( Telemedicine) through R& B Insurance Services. “Concierge Benefit Services, our Group Plan, would like to review how they can decrease your company healthcare cost,” according to an MAEA flier. For more information, call Darlene Robbins at 570622- 0992 or email her at drobbins@ nepamaea. com; or call Debra Carl of R& B Insurance Services at 570850- 3844 or email email@example.com or
Fred Reeder at 570- 2630836 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MAEA offers Managing Difficult Personalities and Stress training in an all- day class that will “help individuals develop skills to interact effectively and minimize difficult behavior in the workplace.” It will be from 9 a. m. to 4 p. m. Nov. 8 at Top of the 80s restaurant near Hazleton with instructor
Christine M. Robbins, M. Ed, director of training and development for MAEA. The price is $ 166 for MAEA members and $ 332 for non- members. Those interested should email Robbins at crobbins@ nepamaea. com or call her at 570- 622- 0992.
• MAEA now also offers recorded webinars with agency instructors creating material to meet specific needs. For more about the service, call Christine M. Robbins at 570- 622- 0992 or via email at crobbins@ nepamaea. com.
• MAEA offers forklift training classroom instruction, which is running and accepting additional participants, according to a release. The effort is approved for six HRCI HR credits and is a prerequisite to be an experienced forklift operator. The cost is $ 435 for MAEA members and $ 870 for nonmembers. Use the aforementioned registration methods. The instructor is Steve Bair, occupational safety specialist for MAEA.