5ways to lower your cholesterol
Check the Scale
• Losing a few pounds a week can lower your LDL cholesterol.
Fill Up on Fiber
• Beans, berries and bran cereals are good sources of dietary fiber, which can lower LDL levels by about 5%.
Cut Out Trans Fats
• High levels of trans fats are found in partially hydrogenated oils used in cookies, donuts, popcorn and margarine. So pay attention to food labels.
Eat More Fish
• Wild salmon, sardines, oysters and other fish can give you the benefits of omega-3 fats and reduce your intake of the saturated fat found in red meat.
• Meditate, listen to music, read a book or just walk around the block to reduce stress levels.