Stove fire snuffed out with gar­den hose; one in­jured by smoke

The Signal - - NEWS - —Sig­nal Staff

A small stove fire ex­tin­guished by fire­fight­ers us­ing a gar­den hose Mon­day morn­ing prompted a re­quest for an ambulance for some­one suf­fer­ing smoke in­hala­tion.

The fire broke in­side a home on Oak Pluma Court near Win­some Cir­cle, in­side the Friendly Val­ley com­mu­nity, shortly be­fore 10:25 a.m.

“Light smoke was show­ing from the front door,” a spokesman for the Los An­ge­les County Fire Depart­ment said.

“All oc­cu­pants were out­side the house when fire­fight­ers ar­rived,” he said, not­ing they got to the fire at 10:30 a.m.

Fire­fight­ers dis­cov­ered it was a stove fire and ex­tin­guished it us­ing a gar­den hose. Med­i­cal per­son­nel then trans­ported one per­son to the hospi­tal for smoke in­hala­tion.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.