Stories read the most at Taosnews.com, Aug.16-22
1. Authorities quiet on razing of Amalia compound
2. OMI confirms body found at compound is missing Georgia toddler
3. Man suffers heart attack on Devisadero Trail
4. 350-acre eco-village proposed for Upper Las Colonias
5. Taoseña Julienne “Jules” Sanchez loses battle to cancer
What our readers had to say
Taoseña Julienne “Jules” Sanchez loses battle to cancer
Oh, gosh, how sad to hear this. I was so hoping to reconnect at our 50th high school reunion in September. I’ll never forget how talented, and friendly, she was. Rest well, my friend. My deepest sympathies to her family and friends.
– VICKI HANNAH GELFO Jules was a bright light and a creative talent. I will miss the many times we played pool at her place and sang and danced around the table, exchanging stories and swapping lies. She will be missed and remembered by the many lives she touched.
– DEBORAH RAEL-BUCKLEY A beautiful soul. She is thought of and missed. Thank you for wonderful memories, cousin. – JESSICA SANCHEZ Miss you every minute already. Building the Gene Kloss catalog with you was the highlight of my career. – WIZ ALLRED An amazing woman who achieved a great deal of good and giving in her short time on earth. Best wishes for peace and comfort to her family.
– ROBIN RETTIE
350-acre eco-village proposed for Upper Las Colonias
More urban sprawl comes to the Taos area under the guise of something ‘good’. It is private property, I suppose. The landowner can develop it if he or she so desires. More traffic. More pollution. More congestion. Maybe one day 522 will be a four lane divided interstate. TSV will get two exits. Maybe three.
– DONALD J AMES IMO It’ll happen once certain people have been paid off no matter what.
I believe it’ll negatively impact natural resources, wildlife and the destruction of archaeological sites, and lastly the view. I seriously doubt that it would be affordable housing for the people of Taos.
– BRIAN MACCORMACK-BURT Is access going to come from the highway (150)? or is it going to create way too much traffic on Valencia Road? As it is people fly on that road, with that much development - you know someone is going to want the road to be paved. I can’t imagine the already established homeowners in the area wanting such a large development in a somewhat quiet community. – STEPHANIE LAW
OMI confirms body found at compound is missing Georgia toddler
The place to take our dissatisfaction with this liberal judge is at the ballot box. Vote to replace these judges that refuse to reflect the voters’ wishes and enforce the rules of law across our country. The ballot box is key to moving our country away from liberal socialism!
– JIM L. KECK