What is a Social Se­cu­rity Ad­min­is­tra­tion ‘rep­re­sen­ta­tive payee?’

The Times Herald (Norristown, PA) - - BUSINESS -

the funds for that per­son’s ben­e­fit but a rep­re­sen­ta­tive payee is some­thing more.

Here are some com­monly asked ques­tions. For greater de­tail, you may also con­sult the Social Se­cu­rity Ad­min­is­tra­tion web­site at www.ssa.gov/payee/. funds ei­ther due to in­ca­pac­ity or be­cause he or she is a mi­nor.

You can ap­ply to be a rep­re­sen­ta­tive payee by con­tact­ing your lo­cal Social Se­cu­rity of­fice and sub­mit­ting an ap­pli­ca­tion, Form SSA-11-BK. You may need to par­tic­i­pate in a face to face in­ter­view to be ap­proved. meet­ing needs in an in­ter­est bear­ing ac­count or sim­i­lar for the ben­e­fi­ciary’s fu­ture needs;

• Re­port any changes or events which could af­fect the ben­e­fi­ciary’s el­i­gi­bil­ity for ben­e­fits or pay­ment amount;

• Keep records of pay­ments re­ceived and how they are spent or saved;

• Pro­vide ben­e­fit in­for­ma­tion to social ser­vice agen­cies or med­i­cal fa­cil­i­ties that serve the ben­e­fi­ciary;

• Help the ben­e­fi­ciary get med­i­cal treat­ment when nec­es­sary;

• No­tify the Social Se­cu­rity

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.