What is a Social Security Administration ‘representative payee?’
the funds for that person’s benefit but a representative payee is something more.
Here are some commonly asked questions. For greater detail, you may also consult the Social Security Administration website at www.ssa.gov/payee/. funds either due to incapacity or because he or she is a minor.
You can apply to be a representative payee by contacting your local Social Security office and submitting an application, Form SSA-11-BK. You may need to participate in a face to face interview to be approved. meeting needs in an interest bearing account or similar for the beneficiary’s future needs;
• Report any changes or events which could affect the beneficiary’s eligibility for benefits or payment amount;
• Keep records of payments received and how they are spent or saved;
• Provide benefit information to social service agencies or medical facilities that serve the beneficiary;
• Help the beneficiary get medical treatment when necessary;
• Notify the Social Security