Kindergarten registration begins Feb. 19
Pea Ridge Primary School registration for the 2018/2019 school year for kindergarten students will be held 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. each day March 12 through March 16. There will also be an early kindergarten registration from 12:30-6:15 p.m. Monday, Feb. 19.
Students entering kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 1 according to Arkansas State law.
Parents of prospective kindergarten students may come by the Primary School office and pick up a registration packet to fill out at their convenience starting at 9 a.m. Monday, Feb.19, however, packets will not be accepted until all of the following documents have been presented to the school:
• Proof of physical(filled out by physician) or signed exemption form (available at registration).
• Proof of birth date: One of the following documents may be used to indicate the child’s age: Birth certificate, statement by local registrar or county recorder certifying the child’s date of birth, attested baptismal certificate, passport, and affidavit of date and place of birth by child’s parent or guardian, previous school records, or U.S. military identification.
• Updated Immunization Record — The immunization requirements for kindergarten enrollment are:
•4 DTaP (with at least one dose on/after fourth birthday).
•3 Polio (with at least one dose on/after fourth birthday).
•2 MMRs (dose must be on/after first birthday and 2nd at least 28 days after first dose).
•3 Hepatitis B (The third dose needs to be after 6 months of age).
•1 Hepatitis A (On/after first birthday).
•2 Varicella (dose must be on/after first birthday. The second dose needs to be at least 28 days after dose
1. History only from physician/health care professional will accepted in lieu of vaccination)
In lieu of vaccination, we must have proof of a filed exception paper for the 2018-19 school year.
• Social Security Card
• Proof of Residency in Pea Ridge School District: A current utility bill (water, electric, or AR Western Gas accepted) or real estate tax receipt showing parents’ name and 911 addresses.
The following will not be accepted: P.O. Box number, personal property tax receipt, or a utility bill that is past due or subject to disconnect, phone bill, trash bill or insurance papers.
For information, call 800451-5395.