Ap­pli­ance starts two fires in one house

The Washington Post Sunday - - COMMUTER - — Martin Weil

A house fire in Mont­gomery County on Satur­day had an odd twist: The same piece of equip­ment caused a fire in two parts of the same house, ac­cord­ing to author­i­ties.

A fire in a win­dow air con­di­tioner ig­nited a sec­ond­floor room and its contents in the house in the 2800 block of Ur­bana Drive in Sil­ver Spring, said Pete Piringer, spokesman for the county Fire and Res­cue Ser­vice.

When the ap­pli­ance fell from the win­dow, it then caused fire to break out in sid­ing on the house, he said. All oc­cu­pants were safe, Piringer said.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.