Boy, 3, left in vehicle that caught fire
A 3-year-old boy was left unattended Tuesday morning in a minivan that caught fire outside his day care in Northeast Washington, authorities said.
He was taken to a hospital for “symptoms related to smoke inhalation,” according to Doug Buchanan, a D.C. fire department spokesman.
The minivan was found on fire in the 5100 block of Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue NE.
As firefighters put out the fire, one of them either saw or heard the child in the third row of the vehicle, Buchanan said.