Dozens treated af­ter gas leak at ele­men­tary school

The Washington Times Daily - - Nation -

MON­TEZUMA CREEK | The su­per­in­ten­dent of a south­east­ern Utah school dis­trict said dozens of stu­dents and staff re­ceived med­i­cal at­ten­tion af­ter a gas leak at an ele­men­tary school.

San Juan School Dis­trict Su­per­in­ten­dent Dou­glas Wright said he didn’t know the con­di­tion of those re­ceiv­ing med­i­cal at­ten­tion.

There were no re­ports of fa­tal­i­ties at the Mon­tezuma Creek school, which is on the Navajo Reser­va­tion about 15 miles west of the Colorado bor­der.

The su­per­in­ten­dent said it ap­peared the leak oc­curred around 8 a.m. Mon­day as peo­ple ar­rived at the school and be­fore classes started. It ap­par­ently was caused by a blocked ven­ti­la­tion sys­tem in a wa­ter heater.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.