Dozens treated after gas leak at elementary school
MONTEZUMA CREEK | The superintendent of a southeastern Utah school district said dozens of students and staff received medical attention after a gas leak at an elementary school.
San Juan School District Superintendent Douglas Wright said he didn’t know the condition of those receiving medical attention.
There were no reports of fatalities at the Montezuma Creek school, which is on the Navajo Reservation about 15 miles west of the Colorado border.
The superintendent said it appeared the leak occurred around 8 a.m. Monday as people arrived at the school and before classes started. It apparently was caused by a blocked ventilation system in a water heater.