Man dies in toilet fire
A man found inside a flaming portable toilet at a College Park neighborhood park early Tuesday has died of his injuries, according to police.
Preliminary investigation indicates the man, who suffered severe burns on his upper body, likely started the fire himself, though it was unclear if the blaze was accidental, said Capt. Stanley R. Johnson, of the Maryland-National Capital Park Police.
A Maryland state trooper discovered the toilet ablaze in the Sunnyside Neighborhood Park, which is near a state police barrack, around 7 a.m. The trooper was able to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher from his vehicle. He only realized that someone was inside the toilet when he opened the door to look, Capt. Johnson said.
The burn victim, believed to be in his 20s, has not been identified. Police said he was taken by helicopter to Medstar Washington Hospital Center, where he died from his injuries.
Suicide has not been ruled out, according to Prince George’s County fire department spokesman Mark Brady.
Prince George’s County police have taken over the investigation of the man’s death. enclosure.
The female cub was born in late August and currently weighs 10 pounds.
She is set to be named on Dec. 1, when she will turn 100 days old.