POLL DU JOUR
● 71 percent of Americans say it is appropriate for search engines like Google to remove “fake news stories” from their content.
● 66 percent say the person reading the news is responsible for ensuring they aren’t exposed to fake news.
● 63 percent say social media sites are responsible for ensuring readers aren’t exposed to fake news.
● 55 percent have started reading a news story and later realized it was not real.
● 49 percent see “fake news” while online at social media sites at least once a day.
Source: A Morning Consult poll of 1,605 U.S. adults conducted Dec. 1-2.