Faulty fur­nace blamed for apart­ment build­ing fire

The Washington Times Daily - - METRO -

Fire in­ves­ti­ga­tors say a faulty fur­nace was to blame for a fire that dis­placed more than 60 res­i­dents of an Alexan­dria apart­ment build­ing.

Fairfax County Fire and Res­cue of­fi­cials said the fire at the three-story apart­ment build­ing broke out shortly be­fore 6 p.m. Satur­day and caused more than $220,000 worth of dam­age.

Ac­cord­ing to WRC-TV, fire of­fi­cials said that the fire started in the at­tic and heat es­cap­ing through a dam­aged fur­nace flue ig­nited com­bustible ma­te­ri­als.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.