POLL DU JOUR
● 62 percent of likely U.S. voters say Congress and the incoming Trump administration should investigate whether Russia “tried to meddle with the presidential election”; 48 percent of Republicans, 61 percent of independents and 75 percent of Democrats agree.
● 59 percent overall say that divisions in the country “are deeper than in the past”; 61 percent of Republicans, 60 percent of independents and 57 percent of Democrats agree.
● 50 percent say the U.S. should not change voting system using the Electoral College; 76 percent of Republicans, 52 percent of independents and 25 percent of Democrats agree.
● 43 percent say the US. is in a state of economic recovery; 35 percent of Republicans, 38 percent of independents and 57 percent of Democrats agree.
● 39 percent overall are not concerned about Russians “meddling” in the election; 57 percent of Republicans, 43 percent of independents and 18 percent of Democrats agree.
Source: A USA Today/Suffolk University poll of 1,000 likely U.S. voters conducted Dec. 14-18.