STATS DU JOUR
● World’s largest cut Christmas tree: 221-foot Douglas fir displayed in Seattle throughout December 1950.
● World’s most expensive Christmas tree: $11,026,900; decorated with real gems, displayed at the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi throughout December 2010.
● World’s fastest time to decorate a Christmas tree: 36.89 seconds, achieved by Sharon Juantuah in Essex, U.K., on Nov. 22, 2013.
● World’s largest Christmas-carol choir: 25,272 singers assembled at the Uyo Township Stadium in Akwa Ibom, Nigeria, on Dec. 31, 2014.
● World’s largest gingerbread house: 60 feet long, 42 feet wide and 10 feet high; built in Bryan, Texas during December 2013. Source: Guinness World Records, 2016 edition.
● Merry Christmas, and thank you for reading Inside the Beltway.