POLL DU JOUR
● 77 percent of Americans say Donald Trump’s defeat of Hillary Clinton is an “extremely” or “very” important news story.
● 63 percent say worldwide terrorist attacks in several countries is an extremely or very important news story.
● 51 percent say unrest following police-related deaths and police killings are extremely or very important.
● 43 percent cite the spread of the Zika virus, 38 percent cite the North Carolina bathroom issue.
● 34 percent cite the Brexit vote, 34 percent cite protests against the North Dakota oil pipeline project.
● 28 percent cite the approval in four states of recreational marijuana; 24 percent cite the death of Fidel Castro, 16 percent the death of Muhammad Ali.
Source: An Associated Press poll of 1,007 U.S. adults conducted Dec. 9-11.
● Murmurs and asides to firstname.lastname@example.org