POLL DU JOUR
● 53 percent of Americans believe Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction that were never found; 69 percent of Republicans, 52 percent of independents and 42 percent of Democrats agree.
● 52 percent overall believe Russia hacked into Democratic emails to help Donald Trump win the election; 27 percent of Republicans, 47 percent of independents and 75 percent of Democrats agree.
● 52 percent believe “a handful of Wall Street insiders” secretly orchestrated the 2008 financial crash; 51 percent of Republicans, 51 percent of independents and 54 percent of Democrats agree.
● 46 percent believe that “millions of illegal votes were cast in the election”; 52 percent of Republicans, 52 percent of independents and 36 percent of Democrats agree.
● 37 percent believe Russia tampered with vote tallies to help Mr. Trump; 18 percent of Republicans, 33 percent of independents and 52 percent of Democrats agree.
● 36 percent believe President Obama was born in Kenya; 52 percent of Republicans, 39 percent of independents and 20 percent of Democrats agree.
Source: An Economist/YouGov poll of 1,376 U.S. adults conducted Dec. 17-20.
● Cranky outbursts and polite applause to email@example.com