POLL DU JOUR
● 61 percent of all federal criminal arrests in 2014 involved non U.S. citizens; 39 percent were U.S. citizens.
● 59 percent of these arrests were made by the Department of Homeland Security; 35 percent were made by the Justice Department.
● 50 percent of these arrests were immigration-related.
● 14 percent were related to drugs, 14 percent to supervision violations.
● 8 percent of the arrests were for property crimes such as fraud and embezzlement; 4 percent for weapons offenses.
Source: A Pew Research Center analysis of Bureau of Justice Statistics for 165,265 federal arrests during 2014; the data were released in mid-March.
● Squawks and gripes to firstname.lastname@example.org