POLL DU JOUR
● 57 percent of Americans approve of U.S. airstrikes against Syrian military targets; 84 percent of Republicans, 52 percent of independents and 40 percent of Democrats agree.
● 45 percent say the Syrian’s use of chemical weapons was “immoral and a direct threat to the U.S.”; 61 percent of Republicans, 41 percent of independents and 39 percent of Democrats agree.
● 30 percent would back more airstrikes on Syria, but no U.S. ground troops; 37 percent of Republicans, 30 percent of independents and 25 percent of Democrats agree.
● 27 percent want diplomatic talks, and no further U.S. military action; 12 percent of Republicans, 26 percent of independents and 40 percent of Democrats agree.
● 18 percent want full U.S. military involvement in Syria; 34 percent of Republicans, 14 percent of independents and 11 percent of Democrats agree.
● 15 percent want no U.S. involvement at all; 8 percent of Republicans, 17 percent of independents and 18 percent of Democrats agree.
Source: A CBS News poll of 1,006 U.S. adults conducted April 7-9.
● Chatter and proclamations to firstname.lastname@example.org