POLL DU JOUR
● 74 percent of U.S. voters say the United Nations should be “doing more” to end the civil war in Syria.
● 70 percent support tighter economic sanctions on the Syrian government.
● 63 percent say the U.S. should be doing more to end the civil war; 61 percent say the same of Russia.
● 57 percent support more U.S. airstrikes against targets in Syria.
● 44 percent support U.S. ground troops in Syria to “combat Islamic extremists.”
● 39 percent support U.S. ground troops to “remove current President Bashar Assad from power.”
Source: A Morning Consult/Politico poll of 1,988 registered U.S. voters conducted April 6-9.