O’Reilly: Truth on de­par­ture will shake many

The Washington Times Daily - - POLITICS - — Dou­glas Ernst

A “shaken” Bill O’Reilly spoke straight to his fans Mon­day night for the first time since his 20year run on Fox News Chan­nel ended last week.

The “No Spin News” pod­cast by the for­mer king of ca­ble news kicked off Mon­day by ad­dress­ing sex­ual ha­rass­ment claims that led to a $25 mil­lion buy­out last Wed­nes­day.

Mr. O’Reilly said de­vel­op­ing a “gen­uine news pro­gram” was on the agenda now that he has struck out on his own, but that “the truth” would likely come out in time.

“Hey, I missed you guys,” Mr. O’Reilly said. “As we de­velop the web­site, we’ll have guests and things like that, and this will be­come longer and longer and longer, into a gen­uine news pro­gram. That’s the vision right now.”

Mr. O’Reilly, who drew 4 mil­lion view­ers per broad­cast prior to his de­par­ture from Fox, said he was “sad” that he was no longer on tele­vi­sion.

“I was very sur­prised how it all turned out,” the host said. “I can’t say a lot, be­cause there’s much stuff go­ing on right now. But I can tell you that I’m very confident the truth will come out, and when it does, I don’t know if you’re go­ing to be sur­prised — but I think you’re go­ing to be shaken, as I am.”

The con­ser­va­tive then switched gears be­gan talk­ing about his usual fare, from Pres­i­dent Trump’s poll num­bers to for­mer Pres­i­dent Barack Obama’s re­turn to Chicago.

“I hope you en­joyed the first edi­tion of the No Spin News, and I hope it wasn’t bor­ing,” Mr. O’Reilly said af­ter the 20-minute pod­cast.

Daily episodes of “No Spin News” will be free un­til May 1.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.