1-year-old dies from opioid overdose; sibling called 911
A 1-year-old in Akron, Ohio, has died from a drug overdose, Cleveland.com reported.
The boy overdosed Thursday, and initially was revived with the overdose reversal nasal spray Narcan and taken to Akron Children’s hospital.
The boy’s nine-year-old sibling reported the overdose by calling 911. Their mother ran away from the home, and was later arrested on an unrelated warrant, the news website reported.
The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed Monday that the 1-year-old died Sunday night.
Cleveland.com reported that three Ohio children have overdosed on opioids in the past three months.