POLL DU JOUR
● 87 percent of Russians have confidence in President Vladimir Putin to “do the right thing regarding world affairs.”
● 85 percent say a “strong Russia” is necessary to balance the influence of the West.
● 73 percent say traditional Russian values “conflict with those of the West.”
● 59 percent say Russia plays a more important role in the world now than it did 10 years ago.
● 59 percent say the dissolution of the Soviet Union has been a “bad thing” for Russia.
● 56 percent say Russia should be “more respected around the world.”
Source: A Pew Research Center Global Attitudes survey of 1,002 Russian adults conducted face-to-face from Feb. 18 to April 3 and released Tuesday.
● Complaints and clever asides to firstname.lastname@example.org