POLL DU JOUR
● 91 percent of Americans say the right to vote is essential to the nation; 91 percent of Republicans and 96 percent of Democrats agree.
● 78 percent say citizens should be able to decide for themselves if they should vote; 82 percent of Republicans and 74 percent of Democrats agree.
● 59 percent say “everything possible should be done” to make it easier for citizens to vote; 35 percent of Republicans and 84 percent of Democrats agree.
● 39 percent say citizens must register ahead of time before they vote; 63 percent of Republicans and 15 percent of Democrats agree.
Source: A Pew Research Center poll of 1,028 U.S. adults conducted April 19-23 and released Wednesday.
● Yays and yeas to email@example.com