POLL DU JOUR
● 77 percent of Americans say National Football League players should stand for the national anthem.
● 66 percent say NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell should not resign over the anthem controversy.
● 60 percent disapprove of the way he has handled the situation.
● 59 percent say the NFL should have a rule requiring players to stand during the anthem.
● 55 percent say Mr. Goodell’s treatment of the controversy has “made both sides unhappy.”
Source: The Hill/Harris poll of 1,000 U.S. adults conducted Nov. 12-13.
● Murmurs and asides to firstname.lastname@example.org