Bella Vista Dance Pavilion
Photo shows the east side of Lake Bella Vista as it appeared in the early 1930s. The Dance Pavilion, built in 1931 and home to the Hill ‘n Dale Restaurant starting in the 1960s, is visible at the northeast corner of the lake, with the large Linebarger lodges and summer cottages up on the hill where there are houses and mobile homes today. More cottages lined the shore of the lake. To see other pictures and exhibits, visit the Bella Vista Historical Museum at the corner of Highway 71 and Kingsland, next door to the American Legion. Hours are 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays. The museum will be closed Thanksgiving Day but open the rest of the holiday weekend. Museum entry is free. More information available at www.bellavistamuseum.org.