At the Library
Abington Township Public Library, 1030 Old vork Road, Abington, will hold the following:
• Drop-in Story Times for children and their caregivers take place Thursdays from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Readers from the Jenkintown hiwanis Club will present the program.
• Wired Wednesdays take place the second, third and fourth Wednesday of the month at 2 p.m. in the computer room. Learn about eBooks from the library’s Overdrive catalog
• Computer Resources/ Research Classes take place the first Wednesday of the month at 2 p.m. Learn about using a library account, accessing resources online and more. The library also offers one-on-one classes. Registration is required for these free classes.
• Socrates Café meets every second Wednesday of the month from 10:30 to noon and the fourth Friday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. any and every question under the sun. Walk-ins welcome
• Old York Road Genealogical Society meets every second Tuesday from 7 to 8:45 p.m. Persons attending meetings are encouraged to bring illustrations or examples of their experiences related to the stated theme of the meeting. All are welcome.
• Daytime Book Discussion Group meets every first Thursday of the month at 1 p.m. No registration re- quired. Walk-ins welcome.
• Become a Tutor at the Abington Free Library Adult Literacy Program. Free tutoring is provided to adults who are unable to read, or are learning English as a second language, or need to improve their writing or math skills. Call Rob Naborn at 215-885-5183 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
• World War II Lecture Series meets every third Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Information: 215-8855180; www.abingtonfreelibrary.org.
Hutingdon Vallay Library, 625 Red Lion Road, Huntgindon Valley, will hold the following:
• Wallaby Tales will take place July 2 at 7 p.m. Come out and experience a traveling zoo. Travis dale of Eyes of the Wild will present the program.
• Ran ‘D Shine will perform magic July 9 at 7 p.m.
• Can You Dig It? will take place July 16 at 7 p.m. Storyteller Don Dougherty will present his exploring adventures.
• Mother-Daughter Book Club will take place July 8 and 29 at 7 p.m. Sign up and pick up a book.
• Archeological Dig With Briar Bush Nature Center will take place July 11 at 7 p.m. for children in grades four and up.
• Lap Sit Story Time for ages 6 to 24 months will take place July 12 and 26 from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m.
• Preschool Story Time for ages 2 to 5 will take place July 15 to 29 from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m.
• Mah Jongg takes place Mondays at 11:30 a.m. for A2 a session.
• Sit N Knit takes place Mondays at 4 p.m. All expe- riences and ages welcome.
• Canasta takes place Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. Play is A2 and lessons are A5.
• Friends of the Huntingdon Valley Library meets the first Thursday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Membership is A10 a year.
• Board of Trustees meets the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m.
• Movies are shown Fridays at 2 p.m. Program is free.
Information: 215-9475138 or www.hvlibrary.org.
Jenkintown Library, 460 Old vork Road, Jenkintown, will hold the following:
• Craft Time meets the second and fourth Wednesday evenings of the month from 7 to 9 p.m. in the community room. Bring your craft stuff and spend time with other crafters working
on your projects.
• Community Drop-off Center for your donations to the JUMP food cupboard program. Nonperishable food items are gratefully accepted.
Information: jkl.mclinc. org.
LaMott Free Library, 7420 Sycamore Ave., LaMott, will offer the following:
• Preschool Storytime for children ages 3 through 5 will be held Thursdays at 11:15 a.m.
Roslyn Branch Library, 2412 Avondale Ave., Roslyn, will present the following events:
• Family Fun Days for ages 3 and up will take place Fridays, July 12 to Aug. 16. Registration is required.
• Dig into Reading summer reading program for children of all ages has begun. Children are encouraged to read for 20 minutes per day and record their progress in a reading log. Participants will be eligible to win prizes when they achieve certain reading goals. Register at Abington or Roslyn branches.
• Computer Help will take place Saturday mornings from 11 a.m. to noon. Teachers will help with basic computer skills, Internet, email and Microsoft Word.
Information: 215-8869818; abingtonfreelibrary. org.
Union Library of Hatboro, 243 S. vork Road, Hatboro, will hold the following:
• Movie Matinee will take place the second Thursday of the month at 2 p.m.
Information: 215-672- 1420; hat.lib@verizon. net.
Upper Moreland Free Public Library, 109 Park Ave., Willow drove, will hold the following:
• Daytime Adult Book Discussion Group will meet July 3 from 2:30 to 3:45 p.m. to discuss “Annie Dunne” by Sebastian Barry.
• Action Stories for All Ages takes place Mondays at 2 p.m. Leap, catch stretch and move during this story time program.
• Toddler Story Times for ages 18 to 36 months takes place Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Babies and Books story time for caregivers and infants ages 6 to 18 months takes place Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Story Time for children ages 3 to 5 takes place Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Program features stories and a themed craft or coloring project.
• Kids Crafts takes place Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for schoolage children.
• Young Explorers program for ages 24 to 36 months takes place Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
• Monday Night Knitter’s Group takes place every Monday from 7 to 8:45 p.m. All are welcome. Bring yarn and needles and progress through simple projects with instruction from Lisa, the group leader.
Information: 215-6590741 or www.uppermorelandlibrary.org. 2204 or www.amh.org.
Gilda’s Club Delaware Valley, 200 hirk Road, Warminster, will hold the following:
• Kid Support Group meets Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Program is for children 4 to 12 who have cancer in their lives.
• Become a Member takes place every Wednesday and Thursday from 5 to 6 p.m.
• Living with Cancer Support Group meets every Tuesday from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Living With Loss meets every Wednesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Family & Friends Support Group meets every Thursday from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Life After the Death of a Spouse Networking will meet the first Tuesday on the month.
• Life After the Death of a Parent Networking will meet the second Wednesday.
• Healthy Eating Support Group meets Mondays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Wellness Group Meetings take place Tuesdays from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Gilda’s Railway & Ice Cream takes place Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Members from the Bristol Railroad Society will run d-scale trains on an outdoor track.
Information: 215-4413290 or www.gildasclubdelval.org.
Holy Redeemer Health System will hold the following:
• Getting Through the Holiday Bereavement Support Group will take place Saturday, July 13 and Sept. 14 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. 215-856-1306.
Information: 1-800-8184747; www.holyredeemer. com.