Buck Mont Art League will meet at the Ben Wilson Senior Center, 580 Delmont Ave., Warminster, Aug. 20 at 6 p.m. cor more information, call Dawn at 215-674-4292 or visit www.bucksmontartleague.com.
Orchard Artworks, Tomlinson Road, Bryn Athyn, will hold the following:
• The Colors of Summer exhibit runs through Aug. 30. The exhibit features works rangning from paintings, cards, clothing, jewelry, pottery and tiles.
Information: 215-9479882 or www.orchardartworks.org.
At the Library
Abington Township Public Library, 1030 lld vork Road, Abington, will hold the following:
• Drop-in Story Times for children and their caregivers take place Thursdays from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Readers from the Jenkintown Kiwanis Club will present the program.
• Wired Wednesdays take place the second, third and fourth Wednesday of the month at 2 p.m. in the computer room. Learn about eBooks from the library’s lverdrive catalog
• Computer Resources/ Research Classes take place WKH fiUVW :HGnHVGDy RI WKH month at 2 p.m. Learn about using a library account, accessing resources online and more. The library also offers one-on-one classes. Registration is required for these free classes.
• Socrates Café meets every second Wednesday of the month from 10:30 to noon and the fourth criday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. any and every question under the sun. Walk-ins welcome
• Old York Road Genealogical Society meets every second Tuesday from 7 to 8:45 p.m. mersons attending meetings are encouraged to bring illustrations or examples of their experiences related to the stated theme of the meeting. All are welcome.
• Daytime Book Discussion Group meets every fiUVW 7KuUVGDy RI WKH PRnWK at 1 p.m. ko registration required. Walk-ins welcome.
• Become a Tutor at the Abington cree Library Adult Literacy mrogram. cree tutoring is provided to adults who are unable to read, or are learning English as a second language, or need to improve their writing or math skills. Call Rob kaborn at 215-885-5183 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• World War II Lecture Series meets every third Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Information: 215-8855180; www.abingtonfreelibrary.org.
East Cheltenham Free Library, 400 Myrtle Ave., Cheltenham, will hold the following:
• Storytime for children ages 1 to 2 will be held Mondays at 10:30 a.m. for ages 3 to 5 Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Toddler Classes for ages birth through 3 take place Mondays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Classes for ages 3 to 5 take place Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Babies Bop will take place Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. for ages birth to 2.
• Young Explorers’ ClubAnimal Adventures takes place Saturdays at 2 p.m. This interactive program is designed for students ages 5 to 8.
Information: 215-3792077; eastcheltenham@ mclinc.org.
• Elkins Park Free Library, 563 E. Church Road, Elkins mark will hold the following:
• Once Upon a Storytime for ages 3 to 5 takes place Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Teensy Tales Storytime for ages 1 to 2 takes place Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
Glenside Free Library, 215 S. Keswick Ave., dlenside, will hold the following:
• Parachute Play for ages 2 to 4 will take place Thursdays at 4 p.m. Movementbased storytime designed to GHYHORS finH DnG JURVV PRWRU skills.
• Toddler Storytime for ages 1 to 2 takes place Mondays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Storytime for ages 3 to 5 will take place Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• English Language and Civics Classes take place
215-885- Mondays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
• Thursday Night Live takes place Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.
Hutingdon Vallay Library, 625 Red Lion Road, Huntgindon salley, will hold the following:
• Cool Beans Music and Art will take place July 30 at 7 p.m. Singer and illustrator Steve mullara will entertain.
• Baseball Book Club for grades threee and four will meet July 31 at 7 p.m.
• End of SummerParty will take place Aug. 6 at 7 p.m.
• Preschool Story Time for ages 2 to 5 will take place July 29 from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m.
• Mah Jongg takes place Mondays at 11:30 a.m. for $2 a session.
• Sit N Knit takes place Mondays at 4 p.m. All experiences and ages welcome.
• Canasta takes place Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. mlay is $2 and lessons are $5.
• Friends of the Huntingdon Valley Library meets WKH fiUVW 7KuUVGDy RI WKH month at 12:30 p.m. Membership is $10 a year.
• Board of Trustees meets the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m.
• Movies are shown cridays at 2 p.m. mrogram is free.
Information: 215-9475138 or www.hvlibrary.org.
Jenkintown Library, 460 lld vork Road, Jenkintown, will hold the following:
• Craft Time meets the second and fourth Wednesday evenings of the month from 7 to 9 p.m. in the community room. Bring your craft stuff and spend time with other crafters working on your projects.
• Community Drop-off Center for your donations to the JUMm food cupboard program. kon-perishable food items are gratefully accepted.
LaMott Free Library, 7420 Sycamore Ave., LaMott, will offer the following:
• Preschool Storytime for children ages 3 through 5 will be held Thursdays at 11:15 a.m.
Roslyn Branch Library, 2412 Avondale Ave., Roslyn, will present the following events:
• Dig into Reading summer reading program for children of all ages has begun. Children are encouraged to read for 20 minutes per day and record their progress in a reading log. marticipants will be eligible to win prizes when they achieve certain reading goals. Register at Abington or Roslyn branches.
• Computer Help will take place Saturday mornings from 11 a.m. to noon. Teachers will help with basic computer skills, Internet, email and Microsoft Word.
Information: 215-8869818; abingtonfreelibrary. org.
Union Library of Hatboro, 243 S. vork Road, Hatboro, will hold the following:
• Dino Dig for ages 4 to 12 will take place July 31 at 11 a.m.
• Sciencetellers will take place Aug. 1 at 6 p.m.
• We Dig Music will take place Aug. 7 at 11 a.m.
• Movie Matinee will take place the second Thursday of the month at 2 p.m.
Information: 215-6721420; email@example.com.
Upper Moreland Free Public Library, 109 mark Ave., Willow drove, will hold the following:
• Daytime Adult Book Discussion Group will meet Aug. 1 from 2:30 to 3:45 p.m. to discuss “The Comedians” by draham dreen.
• Action Stories for All Ages takes place Mondays at 2 p.m. Leap, catch stretch and move during this story time program.
• Toddler Story Times for ages 18 to 36 months takes place Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Babies and Books story time for caregivers and infants ages 6 to 18 months takes place Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Story Time for children ages 3 to 5 takes place Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. mrogram features stories and a themed craft or coloring project.
• Kids Crafts takes place Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for school-age children.
• Young Explorers program for ages 24 to 36 months takes place Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.
• Monday Night Knitter’s Group takes place every Monday from 7 to 8:45 p.m. All are welcome. Bring yarn and needles and progress through simple projects with instruction from Lisa, the group leader.
Information: 215-6590741 or www.uppermorelandlibrary.org.
Abington Memorial Hospital will hold the following:
Information: 215-4812204 or www.amh.org.
Gilda’s Club at Abington Memorial Hospital will hold the following:
To register or for more information: 215-481-6700 or www.gildasclubdelval.org.
Gilda’s Club Delaware Valley, 200 Kirk Road, Warminster, will hold the following:
• Kid Support Group meets Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. mrogram is for children 4 to 12 who have cancer in their lives.
• Become a Member takes place every Wednesday and Thursday from 5 to 6 p.m.
• Living with Cancer Support Group meets every Tuesday from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Living With Loss meets every Wednesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Family & Friends Support Group meets every Thursday from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Life After the Death of a Spouse Networking will PHHW WKH fiUVW 7uHVGDy Rn the month.
• Life After the Death of a Parent Networking will meet the second Wednesday.
• Healthy Eating Support Group meets Mondays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Wellness Group Meetings take place Tuesdays from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Gilda’s Railway & Ice Cream takes place Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Members from the Bristol Railroad Society will run d-scale trains on an outdoor track.
Information: 215-4413290 or www.gildasclubdelval.org.